Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 89

SamuraiFrog here once again, giving an overworked Becca a hand by filling in on the quote quiz. Be warned: this list is incredibly random.

The rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

And on to the guessing.

1. "Old age. It's the only disease, Mr. Thompson, that you don't look forward to being cured of." (Buzz)

2. "How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?" Dean

3. "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body." Scoops

4. "You think I like avoiding my wife and kids to hangout with nineteen year old girls everyday?" BeckEye

5. "Oh, come right in. Don't let the fact that my door is closed dissuade you in any way from entering my office." The Warfreak

6. "Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place."

7. "Did you hear the one about the guy who was too poor to get personalized plates so he changed his name to J3L2404?" S. Element

8. "Fact: you know why so many drunk drivers get in wrecks? Because they don't learn how to drive drunk."

9. "Come on. Let's get something to eat. I'm thirsty."

10. "Earthman, your Mickey Mouse is one big stupid dope!" Arkonbey

11. "The key here, I think, is to not think of death as an end. But, but, think of it more as a very effective way of cutting down on your expenses."

12. "Tell me, how did you find America?"
"Turned left at Greenland." (Buzz)

13. "Men should be like Kleenex- soft, strong and disposable." Dean

14. "I distrust a man who says 'when.' If he's got to be careful not to drink too much, it's because he's not to be trusted when he does." Fanboy

15. "Back home everyone said I didn’t have any talent. They might be saying the same thing over here but it sounds better in French." The Warfreak

16. "We had a nice couple of minutes together. She threatened me, I patronized her. Didn’t have anything to eat, but I thought there was a connection." Jaquandor

17. "I believe a man is as big as what'll make him mad."

18. "What is God?"
"Well, you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you." MC

19. "You know what your problem is? It's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies." Alex

20. "The whole world is drunk and we're just the cocktail of the moment. Someday soon, the world will wake up, down two aspirin with a glass of tomato juice, and wonder what the hell all the fuss was about."

**Update**
And we have a tie! Congrats to The Warfreak and Dean Wormer who showed their movie muscle with 2 correct answers each! Way to go! You may collect you awards below:

Dean Wormer:


The Warfreak:

And thanks to everyone for playing! Come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun! Oh and I'll post the answers in the comments.

19 comments:

Scoops said...

3. Caddyshack

Six is frustratingly familiar.. argh.

FanBoy said...

14. "I distrust a man who says 'when.' If he's got to be careful not to drink too much, it's because he's not to be trusted when he does."

Maltese Falcon

Arkonbey said...

10: Enemy Mine

buzz said...

1. CITIZEN KANE
4. NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION
12. A HARD DAY'S NIGHT

The Warfreak said...

5. Beverly Hills Cop II
15. An American in Paris

Tommy Salami said...

6. When Harry Met Sally

thats all i got.

Anonymous said...

Um... wow... I got nothing. Literally, I have no clue. I think I've only heard 2 or 3 of them, but I couldn't place them if you spotted me the actors who said these lines.

Whoever wins this week truly is a movie master.

John Hazard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dean Wormer said...

2. ET

13. Clue

I think Arkonbey got the Enemy Mine.

Alex said...

13. Clue
19. Grand Canyon (I only know that one because it's on the Getafilm homepage)

BeckEye said...

So many of these sound so familiar, but once again I'm blank. I think #4 might be "Old School."

And leaving this dumbass comment was totally worth it because my word ver is "hymen." No lie. My life has just been made.

Steve said...

if nothing else I love my consistency of not knowing anything!
but always fun to read others answers/guesses

MC said...

7: Real Genius?
8: Groundhog Day
16: Better Off Dead? (I just see Laine Meyer saying that about that "date" he had with the girl with the headgear).
18: The Island

Jaquandor said...

16. The American President

I know some others, but they've been guessed already.

Gabe said...

4. Old School - positive just not first

16. Oceans 11 ? if not it should be

s. element said...

7: Fargo

Becca said...

And the answers are:

1. Citizen Kane
2. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
3. Caddyshack
4. Old School
5. Beverly Hills Cop II
6. City Slickers
7. Fargo
8. Summer School
9. After the Thin Man
10. Enemy Mine
11. Love and Death
12. A Hard Day’s Night
13. Clue
14. The Maltese Falcon
15. An American in Paris
16. The American President
17. Bad Day at Black Rock
18. The Island
19. Grand Canyon
20. The Rat Pack

Dean Wormer said...

Woohoo!

Arkonbey said...

I got one! I got one! Yay, me!