Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 90

The rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

Now the guessing:

1. "Can't you feel the vibes in your own house, man? Bad, sport, real bad. The karma in here is so thick, you need an aqualung to breathe." (The Thesp)

2. "I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

3. "When the wine drinks itself, when the skull speaks, when the clock strikes the right time, only then will you find the tunnel..." Tommy Salami

4. "You guys both got to stop perpetuating this myth that Boba Fett is some kind of bad-ass. All right? He has a jet pack. So did the Rocketeer. Really cool. When it comes time for battle, the man's Michael Bay - all style, no substance." (The Thesp)

5. "I'd do that. I'll do anything sexual, and I don't need a million dollars to do it either. I'm a nymphomaniac." (The Thesp)

6. "How can I describe it? Good food is like music you can taste, color you can smell. There is excellence all around you. You need only to be aware to stop and savor it." Splotchy

7. "Thank you for a memorable afternoon, usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature." Splotchy

8. "This is great. First it was The Farm That Time Forgot and now this. Why don't I ever fall in with people who own condos? Probably hard to get good maid service in a sewer. Maybe you guys should try Roto Rooter, huh?" (Gabe)

9. "Is that you breathing? Because I can't hear myself think! There's too much going on here; you're asthmatic, you're a robot. And why the cape? Are we going to the opera? I don't think so." (Anon)

10. "Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts." (The Thesp)

11. "I finally got lucky in love when I met Rosie here. She was discussing T.S. Eliot, and I was discussing... I still don't know what she was talking about!" Splotchy

12. "Jesus, I'm tired. I'm so fucking tired. You know how tired I am? If a girl came up to me and begged me to fuck her, I couldn't do it. That's how tired I am."

13. "Take the fucking elephant!" Splotchy

14. "For the moment, let them enjoy a calm sea, a fresh breeze and each other. The girl is pretty and I am always sentimental."

15. "Come on. Do I look like the mother of the future? I mean, am I tough, organized? I can't even balance my checkbook!" (The Thesp)

16. "Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!" Alex

17. "I think this building should be condemned. There's serious metal fatigue in all the load-bearing members, the wiring is substandard, it's completely inadequate for our power needs, and the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone." (The Thesp)

18. "Why does everything I do sound like a leprechaun?" Reel Whore

19. "Hey lady - you want some fucking cheese? Get your own fucking cheese!"

20. "Wherever there's a hippie, there's a crime, even if that crime hasn't happened yet. That's what I always say." Revolverkiller

**Update** Sorry it's late but I've been busy drawing :) But we have a winner! Congrats to The Thesp on their third win! Way to go Thespy! YOu may collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing! And come back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun! You'll find the answers in the comments.

12 comments:

The Thesp said...

1. Phantom of paradise (Yeah!)

4. Fanboys (Personally I think The Rocketeer is the muts nuts)

5. Breakfast Club

10. Phantom Menace

15. The Terminator

17. Ghostbusters

Anonymous said...

1) The Big Lebowski (guess)
9) Night at the Museum: Battle for the Smithsonian
10) Hook (guess)

Splotchy said...

4. Clerks?
6. Ratatouille?
7. Arthur
11. Spider-Man 2
13. Darkman?

Reel Whore said...

Splotchy's right on 13. That's my favorite line from Darkman.

18. I Love You, Man.

That's all I got.

Gabe said...

5. Breakfast Club (crap I'm late)
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (how did no one get that before me)

Alex said...

16. Love Actually

s. element said...

I thought 9 was Spaceballs.

Tommy Salami said...

3. The Last Unicorn (yay)

late:
6. Ratatouille
15. The Terminator

Revolverkiller said...

8.TMNT (1990)
15.Terminator
16.Love Actually (i cant belive i own this movie)
17.Ghostbusters
20. Grand Theft Parsons

Becca said...

And the answers are:

1. Phantom of the Paradise
2. Frankenstein (1994)
3. The Last Unicorn
4. Fanboys
5. The Breakfast Club
6. Ratatoiulle
7. Arthur
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
9. Night at the Museum 2
10. The Phantom Menace
11. Spiderman 2
12. Little Miss Sunshine
13. Darkman
14. Jason and the Argonauts
15. The Terminator
16. Love Actually
17. Ghostbusters
18. I Love you Man
19. The Wrestler
20. Grand Theft Parsons

The Thesp said...

Yeah Me!

Love the award Becca, hope I do as well this week, good luck everyone.

Splotchy said...

I don't mind losing. I'm just happy I got the Darkman quote :)