Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 92

SamuraiFrog here once again; Becca's got an art show tonight, so she's asked me to fill in again.

Becca's rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

1. "I forgot my mantra." Yum-Yum

2. "Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we are put in this world to rise above." Drake

3. "You are a monster and a monster in that order."

4. "If I am to be anything as a painter, I’ve got to break through the iron wall between what I can feel and what I can express." (Mark)

5. "We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us!"

6. "I don't trust this kid any further than I can throw him."
"Well, with your bad knee, Ed, you shouldn't throw anybody." (Scoops)

7. "Your finger hired the crew?"
"No, that's silly. The man who lives in my finger hired the crew." Alex

8. "Okay, but after dinner, don't put any of those old cheap moves on me. It's different now."
"Oh, no; I have all new cheap moves." Matt

9. "Let's go home, Debbie." Drake

10. "Perhaps you're interested in how a man undresses. You know, it's a funny thing about that. Quite a study in psychology. No two men do it alike. You know, I once knew a man who kept his hat on until he was completely undressed." Alex

11. "Could I speak to the drug dealer of the house?"
"I beg your pardon?"
"It's a beautiful day and we're out killing drug dealers--are there any in the house?" Matt

12. "We Romans are rich. We've got a lot of gods. We've got a god for everything. The only thing we don't have a god for is premature ejaculation but I hear that's coming quickly." Tommy

13. "Yes, I was stoned out of my mind. Who do I have to be now? I mean, I could be Mother Teresa and it wouldn't make a difference, what I did. Did I sacrifice every bit of... love I'm allowed for this life because I killed our little brother?" Tommy

14. "No bucks, no Buck Rogers." Dean Wormer

15. "This from the guy who still owes me ten bucks over that bet about which was going to be the bigger movie: E.T. or Krush Groove?"
"Fuck you, 'cause time is gonna tell on that one." (Scoops)

16. "What's this guy supposed to be, the ultimate badass?"
"Mmm, no, you don't understand. He'd kill you just for... inconveniencing him." Tommy

17. "Who gives a shit what you believe! In 30 seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up, and be home in time for corn flakes." Matt

18. "Life seemed so sweet and so sad, and so hard to let go of in the end. But hey, man, every day is a brand new deal, right? Just keep on working and something's bound to turn up."

19. "Go, and never darken my towels again!" Matt

20. "Counting cards isn't illegal. It's frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane."
"I'm pretty sure that's illegal, too."
"Maybe since 9/11 when everyone got so damn sensitive. Thanks a lot Bin Laden!" (Scoops)

**Update**
And we have a winner!!! Congrats to cinematic smarty pants and writer extraordinaries Matt who wins this week's contest with 4 correct guesses! Way to go Matt! You may collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing and thanks to SamuraiFrog for filling in! Come on back next Tuesday for more movie guessing fun!

15 comments:

Yum-Yum said...

1. Annie Hall

Scoops said...

15. Dogma
20. The Hangover

Scoops said...

oh... and I blew right by number six

6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Drake said...

2. "African Queen"

9. "Searchers"

Steve said...

summoning my best Sgt Schultz voice...ahem..... "I know nothing!"

Matt said...

2. Jurassic Park
8. Ghostbusters II
11. The Last Action Hero
17. Total Recall
19. Duck Soup

Tommy Salami said...

7. Airplane!
12. History of the World, Part 1
13. Rachel Getting Married
16. No Country for Old Men
Knew 9 & 20 but I'm slow :)

Anonymous said...

Dang it, the only one I recognize without looking at the other people's entries is:

12) History of the World, Part 1

Alex said...

7. Muppet Treasure Island
10. It Happened One Night

Dean Wormer said...

14. "No bucks, no Buck Rogers."

The Right Stuff.

rocinante said...

Becca is teh awesome. (Dean Wormer got the only one I knew.)

Mark said...

2 The African Queen

4. Lust for Life
14. The Right Stuff
20. The Hangover

Becca said...

And the answers!

1. Annie Hall
2. The African Queen
3. What’s New, Pussycat?
4. Lust for Life
5. The Wild Bunch
6. Rachel Getting Married
7. Muppet Treasure Island
8. Ghostbusters II
9. The Searchers
10. It Happened One Night
11. Last Action Hero
12. History of the World Part I
13. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
14. The Right Stuff
15. Dogma
16. No Country for Old Men
17. Total Recall
18. American Splendor
19. Duck Soup
20. The Hangover

Matt said...

Woo hoo! Thanks Becca!

Rob Rogers said...

I think you got #6 and #13 mixed up. I was staring at that trying to think just what part of Ferris Bueller would have been that depressing...