Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 97: Fictional Computer Edition!

Below is a list of fictional computers from movies. To get credit just guess what movie the computer is from!

The Rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

Now the guessing!

1. The Tabernacle (RAB)

2. Skynet (Jaquandor)

3. Red Queen (akaOMC)

4. Alpha 60 (Tommy Salami)

5. SCMODS (Tommy Salami)

6. MU-TH-R 182 model 2.1 terabyte AI Mainframe (Tommy Salami)

7. Edgar (Tommy Salami)

8. ARIIA

9. Master Control Program (Jaquandor)

10. The Interocitor (Jaquandor)

11. ROK (Payo)

12. HAL 9000 (Jaquandor)

13. JARVIS (akaOMC)

14. Deep Thought (Drake)

15. Alfie

16. Joshua (akaOMC)

17. I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. (Tommy Salami)

18. The Great Machine

19. The Ultimate Computer

20. Proteus (akaOMC)

**Update**
I'm sorry these updates get later and later, with all the wonderful commissions and the Chicago Comi-Con coming up next weekend (I'll be at table 3804 in Artist's Alley by the way) I have been drawing up a storm with little computer time these days! I will eventually get back to a more regular blogging schedule but until then...we have a winner! Congrats to (Tommy Salami)
who wins this week's contest with 5 correct guesses! Congrats Tommy I bow to your movie computer knowledge! You may collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing! There will not be a movie quiz this week cause of all the art stuff I will be doing this week but the quiz will return on 8/11/09! Be there or be...somewhere else I guess :)

12 comments:

Jaquandor said...

I'm not feeling it this week, but a few leap to mind:

2. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
9. TRON
10. This Island Earth
12. 2001: A Space Odyssey
19. Well, there was an episode of STAR TREK (original series) with this title, but I doubt that's what you're going for here....

I'm going to kick myself when I learn many of the others, I'm sure.

Drake said...

14 - hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

akaOMC said...

2. Terminator
3. Resident Evil
9. Tron
12. 2001: A Space Odyssey
13. Iron Man
14. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
16. WarGames
20. Demon Seed

Tommy Salami said...

1. Wanted
2. Terminator
4. Alphaville
5. The Blues Brothers
6. Alien - tougher than I thought!!
7. Electric Dreams
9. TRON
10. This Island Earth
12. 2001
14. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
16. WarGames
17. Team America: World Police

gonna stop now before I am tempted to cheat with google, but dammit I know more of these... <--nerd

RAB said...

The one I know that's not guessed already...

1. Zardoz

Alien Piggy said...

6. is from Alien, the only moive that counts

Mark said...

2. Terminator series
9. Tron
10. This Island Earth
12. 2001
13. Iron Man
14. Hitchhiker's Guide
16. WarGames
20. Demon Seed

Payo said...

11. Airplane II: The Sequel

Gabe said...

16 was actually wopper from war games (i know the acronym was spelled dif)

buzz said...

I think you missed one:

http://lileks.com/bw/scifi/kronos/

(3rd photo down)

Steve said...

wow i get here early and am already out guessed!

Becca said...

And here are the answers...

1. Zardoz
2. Terminator movies
3. Resident Evil
4. Alphaville
5. Blues Brothers
6. Alien
7. Electric Dreams
8. Eagle Eye
9. Tron
10. This Island Earth
11. Airplane II
12. 2001
13. Iron Man
14. Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
15. Barbarella
16. War Games
17. Team America World Police
18. Forbidden Planet
19. Superman III
20. Demon Seed