Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 100! The Unguessed!

This week the quiz is made up of unguessed quotes from quizzes past!

The Rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

On to the quiz!

1. "You are confusing bets and marriages, madame. One must always honor a bet." (Richard Doyle)

2. "He needed me now more than ever, but something had come between us. I'd stopped even paying attention to him. Instead I sat in the car and read a map and spelled out entire sentences with my tongue on the roof of mouth where nobody could read them." (Richard Doyle)

3. "There is no time for egos, this is not girl scouts. this is espionage."

4. "If one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is." Tommy Salami

5. "Be nice to me, babe or you'll regret it. You are my hostage and don't you forget it. The night is early and there's lots to be done. Lets boogy now, come on, we're gonna have some fun." (Richard Doyle)

6. "Well versed in the natural sciences and mathematics. She speaks seven languages proficiently. Were she not a woman one would consider her to be an intellectual." (Richard Doyle)

7. "Suicide is like... the ultimate fuck you." (Richard Doyle)

8. "They say rubber's mainly for perverts. Don't know why. Think it's very practical, actually. I mean, you spill anything on it and it just comes off. I suppose that could be why the perverts like it." (Richard Doyle)

9. "We all dream of being a child again, even the worst of us. Perhaps the worst most of all." (Richard Doyle)

10. "I like my cheese in the ounces. When they start weighing as much as a Fiat, I get worried." (Richard Doyle)

11. "Animals are fine, but their acceptability is limited. A small child is even better, but not NEARLY as effective as the right kind of adult." (Richard Doyle)

12. "It lies to her. It tells her things only a child can understand. It's been using her to restrain the others. To her, it simply is another child. To us, it is The Beast." Jason

13. "It is better to be the right hand of the devil than in his path." Feng

14. "He conquered an empire with his sword. She conquered HIM with her bare hands." Scoops

15. "I'm what you call a repeat offender. I repeat, I will offend again!" (Richard Doyle)

16. "So far you've shared me out of my clothes, my food and my house. Now, how about sharing some of my things with me." (Richard Doyle)

17. "At first you don't think you can stand to get hit, then you realize you can take it 'cause the blood don't matter. It's a great gift I'm goin' to give you - to know it don't hurt to fight!" (Richard Doyle)

18. "And if they ever ask about me, tell them I was more than just a great set of boobs. I was also an incredible pair of legs. And tell them... tell them that I never turned down a friend. I... never turned down a stranger for that matter. And tell them... tell them that when all is said and done, I only ask that people remember me by two simple words. Any two, as long as they're simple." Grandpaboy

19. "When you get up in the morning, how do you decide what shade of black to wear?" (Richard Doyle)

20. "Death, death, death comes sweeping down, filthy death the leering clown, death on wings, death by surprise, failing evil from worldly eyes, death that spawns as life succumbs, while death and love, two kindred drums, beat the time till judgement day, an actor in a passion play, without beginning, without end, evermore, amen." (Richard Doyle)

21. "Did you know that there is a certain species of turtle that can screw for three days without stopping? You dont believe me do you? But how could I make something like that up? Can you believe that three days? I'm lucky if I can get three minutes. You know how I know this because I went down to the zoo and I watched them. It was very boring. Well actually I didn't stay the whole three days I went down and I watched the zebras because they wont take thirty seconds premature ejaculation!" (Richard Doyle)

22. "Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty." Penh

23. "Let's go to a phone booth or something, huh? Where I will unveil a fifth of whiskey, I have hidden here under my loose, flowing sports shirt." Scoops

24. "From the moment we enter this live we are in the flow of it. We measure it and We mock it, but we cannot defy it. We cannot even speed it up or slow it down. Or can we? Have we not each experienced the sensation that a beautiful moment seemed to pass to quickly, and wished that we could make it linger? Or felt time slow on a dull day, and wished that we could speed things up a bit?" (Richard Doyle)

25. "Yeah! I am sure. I've permanently yanked the silver spoon from my mouth, and I buried it 6,000 miles beneath the Earth's crust. I mean, figuratively speaking, of course. I mean, who could do such a thing? That would be insane." (Richard Doyle)

26. "When people believed the earth was flat, the idea of a round world scared them silly. Then they found out how the round world works. It's the same with the world of the supernatural. Until we know how it works, we'll continue to carry around this unnecessary burden of fear." (Richard Doyle)

27. "We find the defendants incredibly guilty." Payo

28. "Are you sure you were talking about water skis? From where I sat it looked as though you were conjugating some irregular verbs." (Richard Doyle)

29. "It only took me one night to realize if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your nose." Scoops

30. "I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how fucking crazy I really am!"? Yeah. Do you guys do that?" Jason

31. "We're not intimate dear. We just have sex occasionally."

32. "I'm sick of these conventional marriages. One woman and one man was good enough for your grandmother, but who wants to marry your grandmother? Nobody, not even your grandfather." (Richard Doyle)

33. "I give you a choice. Surrender to me and I will spare their miserable lives, or perish with them on this primitive and tasteless planet. Surrender your sword!" Payo

34. "Man how the hell can they call Pluto a planet? No motherfucking planet has an elliptical orbit. This shit don't make no sense." Blackwing Rose

35. "You see, when it comes to words like that, an illiterate person..." "Whaddaya mean 'illiterate'? My father and mother were married right here in the city hall!" Scoops

36. "Big city, hmm? Live. Work, huh? But. Only peoples. Peoples is peoples. No is buildings. Is tomatoes, huh? Is peoples, is dancing, is music, is potatoes. So, peoples is peoples. Okay?" (Anon)

37. "Ow! My robot balls!" Scoops

38. "On my planet, we don't say die, we say kill!"

39. "They tortured me almost to death, and then let me heal in a vat of blood so they could go at it again. Sorry sons of bitches could've at least fixed my damn leg while they were at it." Penh

40. "For your sake, I hope justice is found in here today... before justice finds you." Blackwing Rose

**Update**
Almost all guessed! So very cool! And we had some new participants this week which is also very, very cool!!! But the congrats go to Richard Doyle this week for his almost too impressive movie trivia skillz! Way to go Richard you are this week's winner! You may collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing and come on back next week for more movie guessing fun! I will post the answers in the comments :)

28 comments:

Jason Chalker said...

6. The Mummy
12. Poltergeist
17. Fight Club(?)

#30 is killing me. I know that line and can't for the life of me remember the movie.

Jason Chalker said...

Just remembered...
30. Seven

Jason Chalker said...

39. Blade(?)

Penh said...

#22. Zoolander
#39. Blade 2

Arkonbey said...

37) Bender's Big Score
35) The Thin Man
27) Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
20) Poltergeist 2
7) Heathers

Steve said...

wow if i couldnt get them in the last 100 tries i think im screwed now!
but look forward to seeing the answers

grandpaboy said...

18. Elvira

Anonymous said...

36. The Muppets Take Manhattan

Tommy Salami said...

4. Manhunter or Red Dragon; I know it's from the book.

33. Flash Gordon

Scoops said...

23. From Here to Eternity
29. American Graffiti
35. After the Thin Man (with a young Jimmy Stewart)
37. Eurotrip

Payo said...

Yep 12 is definitely Poltergeist.
27.The Producers
31. Terms of Endearment?
33. Masters of the Universe?

Cory said...

#18 is Elvira, Mistress Of The Dark
#30 is Se7en (or Seven)
#39 is Blade Trinity

Yerk Toader said...

Man, Becca - I think you might be the Coolest Chick of All Time™. So many of these I've known at one point or another, and of course - I can't 'member them...ADD FTW.

Bill said...

27 is "The Producers" (The original one)

Feng said...

13: The character "Benny" said it in "The Mummmy."

Anonymous said...

Wow... I shall just guess on most of them, since I have no clue on almost all of them.

1)The Gambler II
2)200 Cigarettes
3)Mr. & Mrs. Smith
4)Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead
5)Strictly Business (I swear I can see Denis Leary saying that line)
6)Emma
7)Scarface
8)Exit To Eden
9)Undercover Brother
10)Eurotrip
11)Body of Evidence
12)Sphere
13)Kill Bill
14)Kull The Conqueror
15)Cape Fear (the one with DeNiro)
16)Housesitter
17)Fight Club
18)Barb Wire
19)My Name Is Bruce
20)Dracula 1972 AD
21)Billy Madison
22)Pret-a-Porte (a.k.a Ready to Wear)
23)Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
24)The Matrix
25)Richie Rich
26)Phantoms
27)Johnny Dangerously
28)Out of Eden
29)50 First Dates
30)Kentucky Fried Movie
31)Emmanuelle II: The Joys of a Woman
32)Wedding Crashers
33)Heavy Metal 2000
34)Pluto Nash
35)North
36)Nell
37)Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
38)Alien Mine
39)Underworld
40)Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Only ones I'm pretty sure of are #14 & #17.

Blackwing Rose said...

I'm just gonna shoot wildly and hope I hit something. :-)

1. Gone with the Wind
5. Dark Knight
12. Poltergeist.
14. Cleopatra
30. Seven
33. Masters of the Universe
34. Me, Myself, and Irene
39. Blade 2
40. Daredevil

No one got 12 the first time, seriously? That's such a classic line. And if 33 is correct, I'm gonna go hang my head in shame, lol.

Blackwing Rose said...

Wow, I just saw someone else made the same guess for 33. I guess if we are right we can hang our heads in shame together. :-)

Richard Doyle said...

1. Valmont
2. Badlands
5. Forbidden Zone
6. Cleopatra
7. Ginger Snaps
8. Four Weddings & a Funeral
9. The Wild Bunch (the original)
10. Mother
11. The Wicker Man
15. RoboCop
16. Father Goose
17. Cat Ballou
19. Shallow Grave
20. Cemetery Man
21. Black Christmas (the original)
24. The Illusionist
25. Cabin Boy
26. The Haunting (the original)
28. To Catch a Thief
32. Animal Crackers

Richard Doyle said...

oops ... the qualifier on #9 was supposed to be on #11

Trooper York said...

I can't match any of the movies to the quotes but I just want to say that you have a really cool blog.

Arkonbey said...

Crap! Scoops is right! And I just frickin' read The Thin Man in June and I remember wondering why that line wasn't in there!

Bah. The stories all run together anyway. I just watch the Thin Man movies for the chemistry of William Powell and Myrna Loy :)

blake said...

11. The Wicker Man

30. Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead

32. Animal Crackers

34. Sounds like Me, Myself and Irene but I don't remember the line.

37. EuroTrip

Nice collection. If only I weren't a stupid, stupid, STUPID earthling.

blake said...

Yeah, I came here via Trooper York's blog.

Noice. Gonna hafta raise my game, obviously.

Scoops said...

Ooo memory jog.

14. Conan the Barbarian (not Kull).

Whatever 34 is, it turned out to be pretty prescient :D

TMink said...

Trooper sent me over here too. I gave up after being totally stymied on the first 20.

I think I will go drink in shame now.

Trey

Becca said...

Yerk- LOL! I love the way coolest chick of all time is trademarked! You do sooo rock my friend!

Arkonbey-
The stories do run together! But yeah you can't beat the chemistry :) Loy and POwell are 2 of my favorite actors, I will watch anything with either of them in it. So wonderful!

Okay now the answers....

1. Valmont
2. Badlands
3. D.E.B.S.
4. Manhunter
5. Forbidden Zone
6. Cleopatra
7. Ginger Snaps
8. Four Weddings and a Funeral
9. The Wild Bunch
10. Mother
11. The Wicker Man
12. Poltergeist
13. The Mummy
14. Conan the Barbarian
15. Robocop
16. Father Goose
17. Cat Ballou
18. Elvira Mistress of the Dark
19. Shallow Grave
20. Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetary Man)
21. Black Christmas
22. Zoolander
23. From Here to Eternity
24. The Illusionist
25. Cabin Boy
26. The Haunting
27. The Producers
28. To Catch a Theif
29. American Graffiti
30. Se7en
31. Mother
32. Animal Crackers
33. Masters of the Universe
34. Me Myself and Irene
35. After the Thin Man
36. The Muppets Take Manhattan
37. Eurotrip
38. Howard the Duck
39. Blade II
40. Daredevil

Yerk Toader said...

;)
*tips hat*