Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Guess That Movie Week 102: The setting of the story!

Tonight I will be posting the names of fictional locations from movies, to win you just need to tell me what movie the location is from!

The Rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

Now the guessing!

1. Hill Valley (Bill)

2. Dictionopolis (Arkonbey)

3. Neo-Tokyo (Arkonbey)

4. Puddleby-on-the-Marsh (Nathan)

5. Eastwick (Arkonbey)

6. Little Whinging (Arkonbey)

7. Bedford Falls (Arkonbey)

8. Raccoon City (Anon)

9. Santa Rosita

10. Spectre (Nathan)

11. Verona Beach (Arkonbey)

12. The Emerald City (Arkonbey) & (Anon)

13. River City (Arkonbey)

14. Shell Beach (Matthew)

15. Winter River (Nathan)

16. Tomania

17. Endora

18. Florin (Arkonbey)

19. Freedonia (Arkonbey)

20. Magrathea (Arkonbey)

**Update**
Okay this one was a bit tough :) But either way we have a winner!!! Congrats to Arkonbey who wins this week with 11 correct guesses! Way to go man! You may collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing and come on back next week for more movie guessing fun! Answers are in the comments!

16 comments:

Arkonbey said...

2. The Phantom Tollbooth
3. Akira
4. Wind in the Willows
5. The Witches of Eastwick
6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (et al)
7. It's a Wonderful Life
11. Romeo + Juliet
12. The Wizard of Oz
18. The Princess Bride
19. Duck Soup
20. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Arkonbey said...

13. The Music Man

1 and 14 are on the tip of my brain, but 17 is just the name of Samantha's mom to me

Arkonbey said...

14. A Series of Unfortunate Events. It's where the Beaudilaire kids get the word from Mr. Poe that they were now orphans. I swear I didn't look it up, I just kept looking at it until I was ready to scream.

Arkonbey said...

1. Back to the Future. (huge guess, I really have no idea. I'm done now)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I doubt I'll win this one, but here goes nothing.

1) Back to the Future trilogy
3) Akira (although the redub makes more sense than the original one)
5) The Witches of Eastwick
7) It's A Wonderful Life
8) Resident Evil: Apocalypse (it only is briefly seen in the end of the original)
12) The Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz, The Wiz (starring Richard Pryor and Michael Jackson)
19) Duck Soup?
20) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Bill said...

1. Back to the Future
3. Akira
5. Witches of Eastwick
6. Harry Potter
7. It's a Wonderful Life
9. Lost Boys
12. Wizard of Oz
13. The Music Man
19. Duck Soup

Nathan said...

4. Dr. Dolittle
15. Beetlejuice

I'm pretty sure 10 is something I'm familiar with, but I can't place it at the moment.

Matthew said...

14: is Dark City... but they never actually reach it.

Rol said...

I just realised for the first time what a silly name Hill Valley is.

Nathan said...

Okay, I remember now. 10 is from "Big Fish."

Didn't "A Series of Unfortunate Events" start on BRINY Beach? Unless they changed it for the movie; I've seen it, but I don't remember it that well. Never seen "Dark City," so I can't say whether it has a Shell Beach.

Arkonbey said...

@Nathan: Dang! You're right :(

Blackwing Rose said...

Hill Valley....I never realized how silly that was til Rol said something. :-)

Yerk Toader said...

I'm pretty sure Neo Tokyo is the setting of several movies...How else does it get destroyed so many fucking times?

:D

Steve said...

that's it tomorrow putting a reminder on my calendar to stop by on TUESDAYS damnit!
(of course I still wont know anything but at least I'll be in the first round!)

Becca said...

And here are the answers!

1. Back to the Future
2. The Phantom Tollbooth
3. Akira
4. Dr. Doolittle
5. The Witches of Eastwick
6. Harry Potter Movies
7. It’s a Wonderful Life
8. Resident Evil
9. It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World
10. Big Fish
11. Romeo + Juliet (Luhrman version)
12. The Wizard of Oz & The Wiz
13. The Music Man
14. Dark City
15. Beetlejuice
16. The Great Dictator
17. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
18. The Princess Bride
19. Duck Soup
20. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

Arkonbey said...

Well, pigs have flown and Satan's going sledding!

Still mad I screwed up on the "Shell Beach" one. That's embarrassing.