Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Guess That Movie! Week 107: More Horror Quotes!

The Rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

And now the guessing!

1. "Eight dollars for Beer Nuts? This room *is* evil!" (Penh)

2. "Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone." (Penh)

3. "He's not insane, he's dead."

4. "Meat's meat and man's gotta eat!" Yum-Yum

5. "Roses are red, violets are blue....they'll need dental records to identify you"

6. "It is going to get wet in here tonight. Lace your boots up kiddies."

7. "Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice." (Anon)

8. "To die! To be really dead. That must be glorious!" Steve

9. "Second shelf is mine. That's where I keep my rootbeers and my double-thick Oreo cookies. Nobody touches the second shelf but me." IASA

10. "To... uh... paraphrase the venerable adage: we shall kill two birds, with one... pillow."

11. "I would like, if i may, to take you on a strange journey." IASA

12. "I haven't seen him, and if he's not here within 10 minutes his mother will be delivered into the hands of the Lord in his absence." (Penh)

13. "They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang."

14. "They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What's blood for, if not for shedding?" IASA

15. "You've got red on you." (Penh) & The Imaginary Reviewer (I gave you guys both credit cause Penh labeled this guess for 14 not 15 but I'm sure that was just in error and The Imaginary Reviewer was the first to guess correctly using the number 15)

**Update**
Okay we have a winner! Congrats to Penh on your 7th win! Way to go man!!! You know your horror movies :) You may collect your award below:


Thanks to everyone for playing! More horror themed guessing to come next Tuesday! I will post the answers in the comments.

13 comments:

Penh said...

First here! And now I pounce!

1. 1408
2. The Devil's Rejects
12. Braindead
14. Shaun of the Dead

OK, so that was more flopping than pouncing. Such is life.

iasa said...

9. Lost Boys
14. Candyman

iasa said...

Doh,

11. Rocky Horror Picture Show

Arkonbey said...

None!

man. I have to start watching more horror movies...

Steve said...

8. Dracula?

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

15: Shaun of the Dead

Yum-Yum said...

4. Motel Hell
5. Terms of Endearment
6. Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth

Anonymous said...

7. Vertigo (is that really horror?). The scene with that quote also appears in 12 Monkeys.

Blackwing Rose said...

1. 1409
4. Nightbreed
5. Dark Knight
9. Lost Boys
11. Rocky Horror Picture Show
15. Help!

Steve said...

my perfect streak continues of knowing nothing! YEAH ME
(but always fun reading the qoutes and peoples answers/guesses)

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

And here are the answers!

1. 1408
2. The Devil’s Rejects
3. Re-Animator
4. Motel Hell
5. Valentine
6. Behind the Mask
7. Vertigo
8. Dracula
9. The Lost Boys
10. Comedy of Terrors
11. Rocky Horror Picture Show
12. Dead Alive (or Braindead)
13. Witchfinder General
14. Candyman
15. Shaun of the Dead

Penh said...

D'oh! Yup, I did indeed misnumber the Shaun quote. I blame the stress of not knowing most of the quotes. :)