Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Guess That Movie: Week 109

Becca is still overwhelmed by work, so SamuraiFrog is back to make sure this quiz gets done.

Becca's Rules:
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you(...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.

Here we go:

1. "If I die, I'm sorry for all the bad things I did to you. And if I live, I'm sorry for all the bad things I'm gonna do to you."

2. "I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them." (Payo)

3. "They say that the best blaze burns brightest when circumstances are at their worst."
"Yeah, but no one really believes that." (Crash Chloride)

4. "I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture."

5. "You know how you smoke out a sniper? You send a guy out in the open and you see if he gets shot. They thought that one up at West Point." (Payo)

6. "Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value."

7. "You know, that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again." (Payo)

8. "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." (Payo)

9. "There's a job for six men, watching over a village, south of the border."
"How big's the opposition?"
"Thirty guns."
"I admire your notion of fair odds, mister." (Alex Applegate)

10. "Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." Devilham

11. "You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?"

12. "Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!" (Alex Applegate)

13. "What was that about hats, again?"
"People aren't wearing enough."
"But enough for what purpose?" (Payo)

14. "There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend: Those with a rope around the neck, and the people who have the job of doing the cutting." (Alex Applegate)

15. "Get old, you can't even cuss someone and have it bother 'em. Everything you do is either worthless or sadly amusing."

16. "The video arcade is down the street. Here we just sell small rectangular objects. They're called books. They require a little effort on your part, and make no bee-bee-bee-bee-beeps." Nathan

17. "God put that rock there for a reason and I don't think we should move it." (Payo)

18. "We may not like living together, but dying together isn't going to solve anything." (Payo)

19. "Hallelujah! Mary loved her son; why don't my mother love me?" RAB

20. "Relatively soon, I will die. Maybe in 20 years, maybe tomorrow, it doesn't matter. Once I am dead and everyone who knew me dies too, it will be as though I never existed. What difference has my life made to anyone? None that I can think of. None at all." (Payo)

**Update**
First off thanks to SamuraiFrog for helping me out with last week's quiz! As if the sporadic blogging doesn't make it obvious enough I have been soooo busy lately! Right now I am working about 60 hours a week at the day job and spending what little free time I have working on commissions. So the quote quiz is going on hiatus for a few weeks til things calm down a bit. It will return...when my sanity returns but until then...

Now the winner! Congrats to Payo! Who wins his second quiz way to go! I bow to your movie know-how! You may collect your award below:


The quiz will return... but for now the answers are in the comments :)

20 comments:

Devilham said...

#10. Baron Munchausen? (spelling???)

Nathan said...

Hey, you beat me to one of the two I knew! The other is 16, which is "The Neverending Story."

AlexApplegate said...

Dang, I got here early.

12 From Dusk 'till Dawn
14 The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

AlexApplegate said...

Duh!

9: Magnificent Seven.

Anonymous said...

i knew 9 and 14 but was slow.

# 17 - The Goonies (?)

jcarter

Payo said...

2. Caddyshack - Judge Smails

Payo said...

4. Sin City?
5. The Big Red One
6. Network?
7. Jaws
9. The Magnificent Seven
12. From Dusk 'til Dawn
13. The Meaning of Life
14. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
17. Goonies
18. Night of the Living Dead
20. As Good As It Gets? - pretty sure it's Nicholson

Payo said...

8. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

RAB said...

19. Hair

Steve said...

Gah someone beat me to #`13!
#8 Time Bandits?

Bradda said...

11. Chasing Amy(Banky)

Crash Chloride said...

2 - Caddy Shack

Crash Chloride said...

Doh, I missed Payo's post

3 is Howl's Moving Castle - Sophie and Calcifer

Anonymous said...

Time for more joke answers!

1) It's A Wonderful Life
2) Dennis the Menace
3) Volcano
4) Ingloriuos Basterds
5) Patton
6) The Day The Earth Stood Still (Tom Cruise version)
7) Titanic
8) I Am Legend
9) Predator
10) Rambo
11) Unbreakable
12) Vampires
13) Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
14) Young Guns
15) Young Guns 2
16) The Neverending Story, Part 3
17) Ice Age
18) Reindeer Games
19) Oedipus Rex
20) The Island of Dr. Moreau

Taylor said...

12. From Dusk 'til Dawn
16. The Neverending Story, Part 1
17. The Goonies

Becca said...

And now the answers:

1. All That Jazz
2. Caddyshack
3. Howl’s Moving Castle
4. Chopper
5. The Big Red One
6. Clueless
7. Jaws
8. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
9. The Magnificent Seven
10. The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
11. Mallrats
12. From Dusk Till Dawn
13. Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life
14. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
15. Bubba Ho-tep
16. The NeverEnding Story
17. The Goonies
18. Night of the Living Dead
19. Hair
20. About Schmidt

Payo said...

Hm. I had #20 wrong. But I guess I was right about Jack.

And why did I get credit for The Goonies? Anon had guessed it prior to me.

Becca said...

Well rats I did mess that Goonies one up. I guess it was the 12 hour workday that was messing with me mind!

In any case even switching the credit you are still the winner :)

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors

abc said...

good....................................................................................................