Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spellfury!

A few weeks ago I was contacted by the makers of the online series Spellfury for an art commission. I admit I hadn't heard of Spellfury before now but after checking out their website I discovered it was a pretty cool online fantasy web video series. If you haven't seen it you should check it out, they do an amazing job on a shoestring budget but their labor of love is well worth watching! Seriously cool stuff.

Here's the final drawing if Druinia and another character from an upcoming episode.


If your a fan of the series or of the drawing you can get it on a t-shirt through Cafe Press.

7 comments:

Arkonbey said...

Your coloring is getting much more subtle. Have you been practicing ;)

And the first thing that came to my mind was a bad joke:

Her: Greeting, monk, I am Druinia.

Him: Greetings, Druinia. I am known as Friar *uck- I mean TUCK! TUCK! With a "T"! Not with an "F" at all!

Mayren said...

Becca... i think i might need to commission you for a pic but it might be too small for your consideration. Do you have a list of your professional artistic services lying about that i can peruse sweets?

spell said...

Awesome Artwork!

Steve said...

very cool!
(and great art work as usual)
are you going to go to C2E2 next month?

Jason Chalker said...

Nice! I like how you draw girls lips. :)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I love your style. In no time you are gonna be a superstar and I can say I knew you when.

Becca said...

Arkonbey-
Always practicing :)

I'm sure elf maidens face that kind of slip of the tongue every day ;) There should be a fancy ribbon people wear to award shows to spread awareness ;P

Mayren-
I don't but that's actually something I'll be setting up soon :) If you email me though I can give you an idea what my current price range is :) It's super reasonable. ladygorgon@yahoo.com

Spell-
Awwww thanks :)

Steve-
Thank you! And alas no I won't make C2E2. It was pretty expensive for a table more than Wizard if you can believe it and by the time I had finally saved enough for a table they were all gone. Sigh...us poor folks can't catch a break right now :) Will you be there? A few friends were talking about maybe going to see George R.R. Martin and if your in town I drop by to say hello in person.

Jason-
Thanks! It took me years to work out those lips. They are so simple but there was a lot of trial and error til I found the right cartoony pin-up lips for me :)

Cal-
Awwww you are too sweet!