Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Halloween Meme!

1. What is the worst treat to get when trick-or-treating?
Hmmm... I never liked peanut butter kisses (the candies in the orange and black wrappers) cause they always seemed greasy somehow. And apples, anytime I got an apple it was always bruised and seemed old. Bleech.

2. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
Elvira. When I was a kid I totally wanted to grow up to be Elvira, I still do :)

3. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? (why)
Psycho, seems like so much fun!

4. How many Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Nightmare on Elm Street movies combined do you have on dvd?
I'm not sure I have any actually.

5. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?
So many! How do I pick? I just saw Paranormal Activities and even though the ending was pretty lame the build up was fantastically scary. Suspiria scares the crap out of me, so does Hellraiser 1 & 2, Phantasm, the original Last House on the Left and Texas Chainsaw Massacres. There are more! But I'll stop there.


6. Lamest costume you have worn on Halloween?
Hobo. I was on vacation the week before Halloween in a trailer park. They were having an early trick or treating for some reason and I had no costume so my aunt threw a garbage bag around me, rubbed some dark make-up on my face to look like dirt and I went as a hobo. Bleech.

7. Favorite Halloween treat?
Anything with chocolate. I used to separate my haul into chocolate and non-chocolate piles. I almost never finished the non-chocolate candies.

8. Friendly-faced jack o’lantern or scary one?
Either they both have their place.

9. Have you ever had nightmares about a scary movie character chasing you?
Yeah Freddy Krueger. I had this recurring dream that he was chasing me through a furniture store. After about a month of these dreams I finally let him catch me. He grabbed me, kissed me on the cheek and I never had the dream again. Weird.

10. Best thing about Halloween?
EVERYTHING! WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?


11. Strangest Halloween custom you’ve heard of?
I can't think of anything.

12. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
ME! Wait I can't answer me? Okay then Aaron, he loves Halloween...almost as much as I do :)

13. Are you superstitious? If so, name at least one superstition of yours.
Kind of, like I'll knock on wood if I say something I hope won't come true, I won't walk under ladders and I try not to break mirrors. I think that's about it.

7 comments:

Wings said...

Great answers! Pick up a copy of Halloween! ;)

MRanthrope said...

im kind of EH about Halloween ever since middle school....I had an AWESOME wolfman costume but left the makeup on too long and had a sick allergic reaction. ha

Megan said...

Elvira always looked so much older than me. To me. I was scared of her, a bit!

Jay Amabile said...

I'll be participating in the Meme later!

Arkonbey said...

Fantastic answers, but the answers to 2, 3, and 10 were not surprising at all.

Of course, when it comes to question 4, you should only own the first of each.

I decided to grab this meme because I'm in a stealin' mood!

Becca said...

Wings-
Confession time...I'm not a giant Halloween fan. It almost feels sacrilegious to say that! I like John Carpenter and Halloween has some good scares but it's not the first movie I think of watching when I want a really good scare. But that's just me :)

MRanthrope-
That happened to me one year too! I dressed up as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and tried to make it look like I had yarn stitches on my face. But I had a massive allergic reaction to the make-up and I looked like a chipmunk for days. IT WAS AWFUL! So I can relate :(

Megan-
How funny! You and I must be pretty close in age? I was so in love with her, I thought she was so pretty and I have like the exact same sense of humor... plus I've always been a bit of a weirdo :)

Jay-
Cool! I will check it out!

Arkonbey-
Ahhh you know me so well ;)

I really like the cheesy F13 with Corey Feldman (is that 4?) but it is not nearly as scary as the first movie. I've also always loved Nightmare 3 but again because it is soooo cheesy. That first movie still scares me.

And steal away! I can't wait to read your answers.

Rookwood said...

Interesting answers to the meme - you mentioned the original 'Last House on the Left', which I haven't thought about in a long time. My mom took me to see that at a drive-in when I was eleven. I was seriously creeped out by that for a long time! (In her defense, it was an opener for a Dr. Phibes movie and she didn't know anyting about it.)