Sunday, February 27, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
So right now drawing is the only thing keeping me sane. After what's been a rough couple of years struggling to keep my head above water financially I just found out that I'm about to be layed off from the job I've had for almost 11 years. I'm kind of devastated but doing the best I can to try and make the best of a crappy, crappy situation. If only I could make enough off the drawing gig to support myself :) Ahh maybe someday...but for now enjoy this drawing I did today :)
So how was your day?
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Okay, it has been over a year since I've done a movie quiz and I'm not sure how many people still read this seldomly updated blog but I intend to get back to more regular updates and to bring back the quiz. Still haven't settled on a regular day for it but I'll let y'all know when I do. Until then the rules for play are below....
If you know or think you know an answer leave your guess in the comments section. As people guess I will grey it out and give them credit (using google to find the answers will disqualify you...I know all and see all...), the person who has the most correct guesses each week will get a fun movie genius award to decorate their blog. Any person who wins 5 weeks (consecutive or non-consecutive) will earn a Movie Master award and must then refrain from guessing for 5 weeks.
Now let the guessing begin!
1. "Well, I'll be a middle-aged mongoloid from Memphis."
2. "This is the key to a new order. This code disk means freedom."
3. "A long long time ago, the Earth was ruled by dinosaurs. They were big, so not a lot of people went around hassing 'em. Actually, no people went around hassling 'em cuz there weren't any people yet. Just the first tiny mammals. Basically, life was good. Then something happened: a giant meteorite struck the Earth. Goodbye dinosaurs! But what if the dinosaurs weren't all destroyed? What if the impact of that meteor created a parallel dimension where the dinosaurs continued to thrive and evolve into intelligent, vicious, and aggressive beings... just like us? And hey, what if they found a way back?" (Nathan)
4. "The only person with whom I felt any kinship with died three hundred years before the birth of Christ. Alexander of Macedonia, or Alexander the Great, as you know him." (Koeniou)
5. "My philosophy: a hundred-dollar shine on a three-dollar pair of shoes."
6. "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking in my van!" (Scoops)
7. "Well, there's the law and there's what's right. I'm gonna do what's right."
8. "You must pay for everything in this world, one way and another. There is nothing free except the grace of God."
9. "It's like my heart is a tooth, and it's got a cavity that can only be filled with children."
10. "You punched me in the boob! Prepare to die, obviously!" (Scoops)
Okay well technically I could leave it open for another movie genius to sweep on in and answer the remaining 5 but I think we had a pretty fantastic response for the first time back and thanks to everyone who participated! By the way super impressed that 2 of you guys got Super Mario Brothers...what a terrible movie...
This week's winner is Scoops! Congrats man and your prize is below:
Thanks to everyone for playing and I will post another quiz this week, though when I'm not sure :) A complete list of this week's answers are in the comments!
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Killing time on hold waiting for the IT department to pick up and help me with a computer problem at work and I doodled this guy. There is also a bad cobra commander mask and a boot for some reason. It was a long wait.